Thursday, December 5, 2013

Foggy Pier Swim

Hey everyone!

With these cooler water temps and warm air temps we had a nice fog over the water this morning. As I was coming onto Folly I could see the fog just sitting behind all of the houses. By the time I put my wetsuit on and got my gear ready the sun had somewhat burned through the fog but it was still glassy and fun to swim around the pier with my fisheye and try and get some cool shots and some unique angles. I didn't get what I was looking for with the fog (except that 1st shot) but still got a few cool shots. I also ran into a bunch of dolphins playing with each other around me but it was still too far away with the fisheye!

I also just applied for an internship with Chris Burkard Photography and was kindly rejected. The response said they needed someone with better photo editing skills and also a better writer to help with their blog and interviews. It kind of threw me off until I thought about all of the great surf photographers that I look up to. They are all good writers too. They all tell a story of maybe how they got the shot or what was going on in detail when taking the shot. This is something I am going to try and improve on. I have never been very detail oriented when writing anything my whole entire life. It will be a work in progress.

:)

Justin











No comments:

Post a Comment